Steve Preston is the head Sports Performance Specialist at Youth Athlete Training. He has trained, taught and coached well over 10,000 athletes and students for over 20 years. His athletes have ranged from 6 year old rookies to the NFL. Steve has a Master of Science and Bachelor’s of Science in Physical Education. He is also a Youth Fitness Specialist. Steve is the author of ‘Ultimate Wrestling Strength’ and ‘Bodyweight Sports Training’.
Steve is your guide to developing your youth athletes in the safest, most-effective ways possible.
We are here to help parents and coaches discover the truth about training youth athletes for long-term athletic development… not just a quick fix.
Our programs are based on the need to build complete athletes, not just one-trick-ponies. We want our athletes to experience success at every stage of their growth and development and will carry-over to a life-time of athleticism, health and appreciation for fitness.
Some Quotes From Steve Preston:
- I believe that God gave you two ears and one mouth, because he wants you to listen twice as much as you speak.
- I was born in Birmingham, England… a tough industrial city. We moved to the US when I was 2 years old.
- I became fascinated with strength and speed at an early age. I used to buy muscle magazines and read about strong man training in Elementary School.
- My earliest sports success was winning 2nd place in the 50 yard dash when I was in the 5th grade, at the District track meet. (There were 10 schools there)
- My favorite color is green.
- I drive a Toyota Tundra pickup truck. Black… always black.
- I discovered at an early age how to be humble. Nothing is more humbling than getting pinned in wrestling in front of your entire school.
- Dogs are my favorite animal. We have 2 Miniature Schnauzers. (I promise you they’re more spoiled than most people’s kids)
- I’ve been fortunate to train along side some of the strongest men of all time… and learn from them.
- My High School Guidance Counselor asked my what I wanted to do when I got out of school… I responded by telling her I wanted to train athletes. I never looked back.
- My wife is my best friend.
- My favorite sports team are the New York Yankees. I have autographed baseballs, jerseys, bats and pictures covering my man-cave:)
- I believe in Karma. (That’s why I always give respect to others)
- I’ve bench pressed 2 and a half times my bodyweight.
- At almost 50 years old, I can knock out 25 chin-ups at any given time.
- My wife and I eat Mexican food at least once per week.
- I believe in the old saying, “use it or lose it.” Break a sweat every day.
- If I’m not teaching, coaching, training or working out, I like to read.
- I live by the words, “if I only knew then what I know now.”
- I’ve also lived by the words, “hard work pays off.”
- I’ll watch an MMA fight any time.
- I believe in developing a strong mind and body connection… for life.
- I used to be the anchor on a professional tug-of-war team.
- I believe that kids deserve positive role models in adults.
- I drink a nutritious shake (with veggies, fruit, healthy fats and protein) every morning.
- I love watching crime shows on TV
- My favorite music is listening to blues guitar